Friday, May 15, 2009

Homemade diaper, Snuglie, and a HILARIOUS surprise!!

I made this diaper out of masking tape and paper towels. I was at my grandmothers house visiting, and I forgot diapers. I didn't want to leave yet, and so I made this. Isn't it awesome?!


Ethan playing with some of his cousins in my parents yard


This is my sister, Amanda, modelling my parent's SNUGLIE!! Isn't it awesome? I almost died when I found out they had one. I wore it, and it is better than I could have ever ever ever imagined:)





My mom loving her grandkids; she's the best.




I surprised my brother, David at work. I made everyone keep it quiet that I would be there, because I wanted to surprise him. He was in Las Vegas for work, and since my trip was so last minute....he didn't ever hear. So I had been planning what I wanted to do. You can't tell from the picture, but I have a jewel on my forehead, and a TON of eye make-up on. I wore this little dress thing Amanda made for me and wore a scarf around my head like a Burka so only my eyes were showing
I sent my parents in first to make a distraction. I was hiding in the backseat, and my dad gave me a signal to come in. I put on my disguise and walked up to the door. Even before I opened it, he knew it was me!! But he was really surprised:) It was so much fun!
More to come later. Matthew arrived in Mozambique safely and is really tired. He is having a hard time sleeping because of the time difference and is crazy busy preparing for the conference.



4 comments:

Evans Family said...

Missing you! Wish we could be there with you! Looks like a great outfit.

Littleshortstacks said...

That diaper is hilarious. Way to go.

I would have liked to have seen you completely dressed up in your getup surprising your brother!

I'm glad your hubby made it there safely!

Andrea Hatch said...

You are so hilarious that you did that prank on your brother!!!

And I can't believe you made a diaper out of paper towels. Maybe it's an art you could perfect and save some money. ;)

The Hodsons said...

Oh, Alisha...you crack mme up with your crazy suprise :) Also, I must say that the diaper is very creative. Was it absorbent enough?