Monday, May 18, 2009

My family LOVES swimming

My family has had a pool ever since I can remember; it is sort of a staple for us. Most summers, all I can remember is just swimming all day. So I HAD to introduce Ethan early so he would fit in!! We have a pool at our apartment here, and he "swam" a lot last year. But I don't think it really counts, because he was just floating around. He loved the pool this year. I couldn't get him to wear water wings, but he kept inching down the stairs into the water and trying to swim with his cousins. I had to keep a really close eye on him because he was being so adventurous:) We stayed in the pool for 2 hours! I think it was a hit.
I have been dying for swimsuit season this year. My friend, Andrea, told me about this great website that sells modest swimwear: http://www.modbecatalog.com/swimwear?gclid=CKTqk6ThyJoCFUpM5QodIj5v2w
I like wearing tankini's, but I have a hard time finding them long enough. This top is super long, and goes clear down to my hips! I got the top on clearance for $18....not bad.
I am happy to be home and glad for some visitors this week. I will miss my family. They are so loving and self-less, and all make me want to be a better person. Ethan got so attached to his cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents. I felt so bad bringing him home to our tiny apartment! But he will adjust:)

4 comments:

Marissa said...

It was awesome having you here.

Evans Family said...

Your family is awesome. I feel so privileged that you have welcomed me in as part of it. Love you!! Can't wait until July!!!

Littleshortstacks said...

He looks super cute in his bathing suit, as do you! I love the tankini!

The Hodsons said...

Cute swimsuit!!!!! Fun times in good ol Utah!