Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This almost makes me forget I'm exercising

Matthew is training for the Marine Corps Marathon this October, and has inspired me to run more. I do this 4-mile run occasionally. When I am good, it is 3 times a week-or when Ethan gets up early. I was taking a ton of pictures this morning, so I only ran about half of it. People started assuming I was a tourist and offered to take pictures of us together. I can't believe all of these beautiful things are within miles of our house!! This is Arlington Cemetary.


Tomb of the Unknown Solider up on the hill to the right.



Rosslyn.....you are probably getting tired of this landscape.




The three spires are the Air Force Memorial





Looking over the Potomac at the Memorial Bridge back into Virginia






Golden men on golden horses guarding the bridge. Don't let Ethan's blanket fool you. At the end of August we are still sweating at 7:00am into the sweltering, soggy air.









Pretty










Kennedy Center





Lincoln Memorial, and Army guys running towards us at alarming speed






So many cars already...


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH I love DC! This reminds me of it, you're so lucky.

Heather said...

I've always wanted a jogging trailer. I love running it is my favorite way to exercise as well.

Amanda said...

I want to come visit soooooooooo Bad!!

Marissa said...

Beautiful pictures!

Andrea Hatch said...

That is awesome you do that run! Good for you. And yes, we live in the coolest place ever. ; )

Lindsey said...

Wow, you got so many great pictures! We really do live in such a beautiful place.