Thursday, August 6, 2009

Utah Reunion 2009

This trip was so much fun! Matthew met me in Utah, a week after I left, and it was just in time. Ethan was getting pretty sad without him. We had a great time being with family and spending time together. My favorite things about this trip:
-Playing volleyball, basketball and having the ping-pong tournament (way to go Jay for winning the tournament!!)
-Finding new places to hide Crazy Bill
-2 girls nights in one trip
-Swimming, jumping, and playing games
-Eating lots of candy, and hiding it from the kids
-Starting our family read together (read the Book of Mormon in 6 months as my brother prepares to go to the temple)
-Coming a week early to spend more relaxed time with family
Ethan lounging with his cousins. We had a girls night and made the flowers in Kiley (L) and Bekah's (R) hair.
My brother, David, dug a hole for the trampoline to make it level with the grass. This way the kids can just run right onto it from the grass and not worry about getting hurt. It is also a great way to dry off after the pool!:)

Ethan riding an electric tractor that my parents have. People think that because they have so many grandchildren they can't possibly spend quality time with them. Not true:)


My dad playing with E in their neighborhood.



My parents house has a lot of wasps. My dad sucks them up in a vaccuum to scare the others away.





Isn't the yard beautiful? Above the waterfall is the in-ground pool, and to the right is the trampoline. The thing I really love and admire about my parents is that they do everything for their children and grand-children. They put so much work into making things fun and beautiful for us to enjoy. What great examples they are to me.







Swim time! There were so many kids in the pool. My parents now have 17 grandchildren. It is a lot of fun to get together with everyone.











I'm not sure why I was laughing so hard during this. My sister, Amanda, was trying to catch this little toy person in her mouth as Ethan slid it down the slide. Maybe you had to be there, but it was HILARIOUS.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh great!! I had no idea that you caught this on film! I have no idea why we thought it was funny either.

Marissa said...

It was terribly funny! Mostly because you all thought it was hilarious and laughed every time the little toy-person went down.
I remember looking across the pool and watching all of you just laughing and laughing. It was great to see everyone having so much fun.

Rachelle said...

What a great trip! I'm in UT now visiting family.